Friday, September 18, 2009

Brandon is on a bad-80's-movies kick.

I should have known I would be subjected to watch these types of things. I mean, the night of our first date we came back to his place to watch "Powder" -- ya know, the movie with the kid whose mom was struck by lightning and he was magnetic. A few weeks later he rented Edward Scissor Hands (aka the weirdest movie ever made).

Fast-forward to this week:
I made chocolate chip cookies and then took a shower. While I was in there, Boston managed to eat all the cookies while Brandon ran to the video store.

And, what did he come home with?
-The Breakfast Club: simple story line, study dialogue, and sappy/pseudo-emotional ending.
-Howard The Duck: I have managed to avoid seeing this so far.

Anyway, I imagine he will continue to want to watch these movies. So, I am wondering if any of you have any suggestions for our future endeavors. The more ridiculous, the better... Like: Labyrinth.

Suggest away! Or you can just reminisce about your past favorites... this can include TV shows (Mr. Belvedere, Who's the Boss).

5 comments:

  1. Of course I HAVE to suggest Say Anything. Old 80s John Cusack... you'll see why I walked down the aisle to "In your eyes" by Peter Gabriel after you watch this movie because what he does with the radio is something Zakk did to me after our very first fight. It's super gooey and incredible. And everyone I've ever met thinks that Zakk looks like this 80s version of John Cusack minus the horrible hair and clothes. Do it. It's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "The Breakfast Club." It was one of my favorites when I was a teen. I think I probably watched it a gazillions times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought of some suggestions. These are movies I liked at the same time that The Breakfast Club was on my favorite's list.
    St. Elmo's Fire
    Weekend At Bernie's
    Ferris Buellar

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about "Better off Dead" and "Ferus Beullers Day off" DUH! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I just realized how poorly I spelled Feriis Buellar Oh well live w it lol

    ReplyDelete